New low cost and wireless metering solutions are creating unique opportunities for contractors seeking to expand their business model. Access to real-time energy monitoring can open the doors to substantial energy savings for your customers and recurring revenues for you.
Metering and Submetering Value Add:
- Energy procurement and billing
- Baseline and optimizing building performance
- Project measurement and verification (M&V)
- Equipment and Plug-load diagnostic
- Occupant awareness and behavior change
- Access to utility and market revenue programs
The following table from the Department of Energy presents metering-related savings ranges based on different uses for metered data:
In order to take action to reduce energy usage, owners and operators need to know how energy is being used in their buildings. Our metering and submetering guides will show you how to best generate these deep energy saving opportunities.
The Companion guide to Metering 101; Detail on how submeters work, selecting the right meter, and questions to ask before installing: